Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter snooze

Sorry I dropped off the radar (read: RSS feed) there for a bit but I do have a really good excuse. That is, I have been not busy enough. Uh? Not busy enough? Indeed. I have been too lazy rather than too busy.

To my pleasant surprise my employer has been generous enough to add on two more days to what was already a blissfully long Easter weekend. I haven't set foot in the office since last Wednesday and don't have to go back until tomorrow. Don't get me wrong -I like my job- but after weeks of 10 hour days and deadlines that are somehow always yesterday it is really nice to have a break.

My initial thoughts were that I should make the most of this time by getting out of London. Prohibitive flight prices quickly put an end to that notion. Then I figured I should explore London further; walk around, maybe see a museum or two, stimulate my cultural side. The miserable weather has been my perfect excuse not to do any of that. Instead I have spent many happy hours on my bed, watching lowbrow movies such as Shrek 3 and Harry Potter V, sipping tea and eating chocolate. Comfortable in my cocoon while outside the watery snow flakes dance.

Tomorrow I'll return to my deadlines and long days but today I celebrate the third day of Easter. Now where is my egg?

7 comments:

NotABlogger said...

Nothing low-brow about Harry Potter! It's serious entertainment and I enjoy watching them again and again. Reading the books repeatedly, too. Hmmm - maybe I should make this an anonymous post!

Jocelyne said...

I did the opposite, I finally got out of my cocoon during Easter and visited family. I did eat a lot of chocolate though ;-)

Thyra said...

Notablogger: A little birdie has whispered in my ear that you can now hide behind the excuse of it being good practise. :-) Congrats!

Jocelyne: you have earned some cocooning time anyway and eating chocolate is just to get back your strength of course.

oratonastick said...

Maar nu dus weer hard aan het werk! :-(

Ik heb het een tijdje te druk gehad om je blog goed bij te houden, maar ik ben nu weer helemaal bij, en ik wilde toch nog even zeggen dat ik het Ghana-verslag er leuk vond om te lezen!

oratonastick said...

er[b]g[/b] leuk, dus...

oratonastick said...

Arrrggh!!! >-(

Thyra said...

Rustig maar jongen, ik begrijp wat je bedoelde. ;-) Valt niet mee om hard aan het werk te zijn als je de enige op kantoor bent! Zelfs de baas is nog op Paas vakantie.