Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year

I know, I know, the 6th of January has passed and the window on New Year's wishes has officially closed. The discarded Christmas trees are floral road kill lining the Chelsea streets and the oliebollen have gone stale. My ears have even stopped ringing from the 20,000 fireworks one of the neighbours set off, sending the cat into near hysteria. But I will not be bullied by petty, small-minded conventions. If I want to wish my friends a Happy New Year on the 7th of January I will just do so. I will not let this yearly opportunity of sounding like a Hallmark evangelist pass me by. So to all of you my dear friends and family, may 2008 bring you:
  • generous laughter
  • stimulating discussions
  • plenty of relaxation
  • a sun-filled summer
  • a snow-filled winter
  • rewarding jobs
  • brilliant theses
  • deep, requited love
  • the fulfillment of your old dreams
  • the sprouting of new dreams &
  • health and happiness to you and all those near to you
Wishing you all a very happy 2008!

1 comment:

Jocelyne said...

Thanks for the beautifully phrased New Year's wishes!!
I can't think of anything to add, so I will just keep it simple: All the best for 2008!