Friday, August 31, 2007

Tiger stripes

The explorer wanders through the jungle
Unhurried for he feels safe
He knows the beast is far away

He marvels at the tangled vastness
He catalogues, collects
Naïve to her approach

Slowly, steadily she sneaks near
One soft foot before another
Till underneath a branch snaps

Frightened he takes flight
Fast as his feet will carry
Dashing through the green

He turns, feels her hungry breath upon him
Through the trees he sees the deathly lines
Deadlines
My thesis is due in 14 days.

5 comments:

Edith said...

Wew, good luck, Thyra! Almost there; you can do it!

Jocelyne said...

wraarw!!
Veel succes....

Thyra said...

Thanks girls! Am working on the blasted thing now, trying to clean it up and get all the bits and pieces in place. Getting there...

I feel like I'm travelling back in time, right back to where I was a bit over a year ago. :-) How many theses can a person write in a life?! I guess though neither of you is free from the scientific writing either.

How's NY Edith, have you started yet?

Edith said...

Yes, how many theses is a good question indeed. Groundhog Day, isn't it?

So is Russia or some or other -stan deferred until after you graduate?

(As for NY: I started a blog! Click on my user name and you'll get there.)

Jocelyne said...

I feel like I've traveled two years back in time, but that's due to having the pregnancy experience again.
As for writing another thesis, yet again... no plans so far ;-)