Thursday, August 23, 2007

Too-early bird - The reprise

I may not believe in Heaven or Hell but I have just found Paradise...and I'm moving there!

Last week I looked at a really nice apartment close to where I live now. It was love at first sight. The apartment is on the waterfront, as close to living in Chelsea as one can get without having to pay Chelsea prices. It has a cosy bedroom, a gigantic living room, a really nice kitchen and a clean bathroom. There is a communal garden and a balcony with view over the river. In short, I loved it. Unfortunately the current tenant also had a friend who was interested and naturally friendship obliges. I was very disappointed to hear the friend had decided to take it and consequently I could not.

This morning I got a phone call. The friend has had to decline after all and the room is mine if I want it! I am deliriously happy. It really is excellent value for money. Of course it can never compete with my flat back home which is my true home and has all my beloved belongings but it is as good an alternative as I could dare hope for. I can't wait to move.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thyra,

Was nieuwsgierig naar je blog en dan lees ik dat je een nieuw appartement hebt gevonden. Gefeliciteerd!! Heb je snel gedaan. Vond het echt heel cool dat jullie drieeen naar Mariken en Johans huwelijk zijn gekomen en leuk om elkaar weer eens gesproken te hebben. Veel plezier in je nieuwe 'huisje'.

Groeten, Roderik

oratonastick said...

Gefeliciteerd! Ben je wel veilig voor eventuele overstromingen in deze?

Thyra said...

Het is dichter bij de rivier (direct aan de river zelfs) maar ligt op een heuvel en zit bovendien op 2e verdieping...dat moet beter zijn lijkt me. ;-)