Saturday, May 10, 2008

And then there was light

Helloooo? Is there anybody out there?
I wouldn't blame you if you have all abandoned me by now for I sure have been pretty negligent of you. What can I say? I'm sorry. For the last couple of weeks I have been buried alive. Buried under a mountain of work so high that I am surprised it didn't crush me all together. Working days of 10 hours gradually slipped into 11 hour days, then 12 hour ones and this week I one day even left the office at 10pm! The building takes on a whole new appearance at that time of the evening, let me tell you. For weeks my world became smaller and smaller until I reached complete tunnel vision. My dreams were filled with paragraphs and tables and that was on good nights. Falling asleep when your brain cannot switch off anymore can be tricky.

But now I have reached the light at the end of the tunnel. Squinting I step into the bright real world. I am alive again. Hello world, remember me? So now what do I do...?

5 comments:

manu said...

Go to the park and enjoy the sunshine, dear!!! you deserve a break.

Thyra said...

That's exactly what I did this afternoon. That, and some shopping. :-) And now I might take a nap and catch up on some sleep!

Jocelyne said...

So, how long until the next deadline? I hope you get enough time to relax.

Thyra said...

don't know yet. This project isn't quite over yet either but at least the superhigh stress levels have gone down. :-) And this week I will be taking a few days off to spend with my family here in London so I do have some time to relax!

Edith said...

Well done! Life must be great there on the other side of the tunnel! :) Enjoy it!

What was the project (if you want to say here online)?