Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The coping cycle

Phase I: DENIAL

No, it cannot be... not so soon already? But didn't I only just graduate? Surely this cannot be right. Somebody has made a mistake, it has to be. Check those dates again!

Phase II: ANGER

No mistake, you say? Well, now that just isn't fair. What did I do to deserve this? I'd like to have a word or two with whoever decided that! It is just totally unacceptable.

Phase III: BARGAINING

But can't I stay 29 just one more year? Six months? I promise I will seize every day of it. Come on now... please?

Phase IV: DEPRESSION

That's it then. It's all downhill from here on now. I can see the wrinkles already. Go away, leave me alone.

Phase V: ACCEPTANCE

Not that bad, you say? Honestly, you promise? Well, in that case:


After all, a girl only turns 29 twice, right?

4 comments:

Jocelyne said...

hahaha, ik heb al die fases overgeslagen toen ik nog niet zo heel lang geleden dertig werd. Ik ben dan ook al een paar jaar geleden veranderd van meisje naar mevrouw en ben er inmiddels aan gewend om met "u" aangesproken te worden.
In ieder geval: gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!!

manu said...

Buon Compleanno!!!

oratonastick said...

En nogmaals van harte gefeliciteerd! Welkom bij de clbub van kansarme dertigers!

Thyra said...

Thanks everybody! All your birthday wishes transmitted to me through various media really made my day!!

Best solution to avoid having people address you with "u": move to the UK! So far I also tend to get "Miss" more often than "M'am" so I'm not complaining. :-)