Monday, February 19, 2007

Better late than never

O, irony of ironies!

Five years I have spent mastering the skills of scientific research. Stacks of articles have I read, dissected, interpreted and paraphrased. I have slowly but steadily unravelled the intricacies of the Web of Knowledge. Through endless sessions of trial and error I have conquered Reference Manager. Statistical analysis was never quite within my reach and was largely restricted to 'guesstimates' of reliability intervals but other data sets were subjected to rigorous fitting sessions. Like a blind person I have been feeling my way through the scientific maze. It must have borne some fruit for after seemingly endless years I emerged into the light clutching my thesis, filled with graphs, data and references.

Today I had my first lecture in "Methods of Enquiry".

No comments: